The aim of the Community Grants Program is to support innovative programs that will have a lasting impact on communities throughout Victoria.
As the result of a recent strategic review of the Foundation’s grants program please note that the areas of focus in this program have changed.
The Foundation is now seeking applications in several key areas of focus:
- Supporting housing initiatives for older women;
- Addressing the social isolation of older people
- Supporting housing initiatives for people with a disability;
- Innovative approaches to employment for people with a disability
- Addressing poverty and disadvantage through supporting small grass-roots charitable organisations to develop innovative ways of becoming more effective, efficient and sustainable
Applications for funding for 1 – 3 years will be considered.
Preference is given to applications which are:
- Are seeking seed funding for a new idea or approach to achieving positive social change in the areas described above
- Enjoy good community support and involvement, particularly of volunteers
- Are focused on clear, positive outcomes for people experiencing financial or social disadvantage
- Demonstrate a good understanding and knowledge of the people the project/ program hopes to assist; and
- Have a plan for sustainability.
Please note that if you are intending to apply for a Community Grant you must email a brief outline (no more than two paragraphs) of your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not submit an application until you have received confirmation from the Executive Officer, Anita Hopkins.
Click here to download the Community Grant Application Guidelines. For examples of successful grants please click here to view our Community Grant case studies.
The dates for the 2019 Community Grant round are as follows:
Grant round open now
Grant round closes: Thursday 29th August 2019 at 12pm
Notification in November 2019.